> Something I have missed in Radiant, since I have first used it
> (pre-0.5), is a uniform representation of content. I
> personally find the
> Page model clever, but rather strict as online content is
> rarely limited
> to pages, page parts and layouts. A content management system
> should be
> able to handle all kinds of content, not just pages. Various attempts
> have been made to "hack" support for other content types into Radiant
> and we ended up with assets management, strange page behaviours (e.g.
> search_behaviour) and still no commenting system.

I had a similar play when I first started messing around with radiant - I think
it's something that makes some sense from a model
point of view - a lot of the behaviour of page is really specific to creating a
general page, whereas specialized page behaviours
(such as redirection) don't need breadcrumbs (not that I've really ever gotten
the point of those) and page parts.

In terms of interface, however I think creating dedicated interfaces for asset
and comment management is a better way to go.

I do like the way that you've put the 'add...' combo box on the page tree - we
definitely need something that lets you specify the
page type before you start editing it so that you can get the interface
appropriate for your specific page type rather than just the
generic page editing interface. Not sure if yours is the way to go, but I like
the fact that it's a one-click solution.

Dan.