On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 21:00 -0500, Sean Cribbs wrote:
> Tags exist in the Page model (or a subclass) when processing, so they
> really only have access to the model layer.  *However*, the Page model
> has available to it the request and response objects.  There are other
> ways to tackle the problem, but you could try getting the information
> from the response object.  I believe the flash is stored in the session.
>
> if response.session['flash'][:error]
>    # do something
> end

Ugh, well as was mentioned sessions are off, So I'm instead attempting
to pass the info back in a get string during a redirect:

  redirect_to "action"=>"show_page", "url"=>["about"], "controller"=>"site",
"error" => error

Then in the tag:

 request.params[:error]

Only issue is rails doesn't put the GET params into the request.params
object, it only puts them in the params object, which isn't accessible
from the tag.

Any ideas on that?

--
Matthew Beale :: 607 227 0871