As part of a catalog extension I am working on I am trying to extend
the existing search extension. This is working as expected for the
most part by simply calling SearchPage.send :include,
CatalogSearchExtension and placing my work in lib/
catalog_search_extension.rb under my extension. However, one thing is
behaving strangely. Although my additional tags are getting included
my customized render method seems to be getting left out. I am
wondering if extensions are loaded in alphabetical order which could
cause my custom methods to be overwritten when the main extension is
loaded. Is there a way to ensure my extension is loaded after the
search extension? Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

James Thompson
IT Director & Web Programmer
Stewart & Associates, Inc.
550 West Kentucky Street