You may not be up to the task but I wrote a Directory and News
extension which provides a management system like you described,
tabular and paginated. I then incorporate the material into sites
using the custom radius tags I wrote for the extension. Maybe Sean or
someone else who runs a blog can describe how they maintain sanity as
the number of posts grows.

-James