I failed to mention it before, but I just updated the README to
reflect this... The scheduler extension requires you to install the
"shards" extension.  Additionally, while it is not required, it is
_recommended_ you freeze your instance to edge.  This is primarily so
you can use the extension loading order configuration that Daniel
created.  If you don't, you will need to prefix the shards directory
with 000_ or something so it loads first.

Sean