On 10/1/07, Christian Billen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I have a newbie question, I'm trying to have a menu that is created
> dynamically with r:children but whose context will always start at a certain
> level (like /products). And go down from there no matter how deep below in
> the hierarchy I am.
>
> What would be the best way to achieve this and still use a mechanism like
> if_url regex matches to detect the current url and evaluate it to highlight
> the active link or category traversed.
>
> Thank you
> Christian

Hi Christian,

 Did you ever get an answer to your question? I too have been looking
for this and there are a couple of options that I'm wanting to try out
but haven't yet.

 a) Using the backdoor extension (http://backdoor.rubyforge.org/) in
combination with some regex matching on the current url. Not ideal if
you're worried about executing Ruby inside your templates.

 or

 b) There's also the if_ancestor_or_self tag in the navigation
extension that might do it. Seems you could use that tag to set a CSS
class for the active link/menu.

http://svn.artofmission.com/svn/plugins/radiant/extensions/navigation_tags/lib/navigation_tags.rb

 Victor

--
Victor Cosby
Independent Software Consultant and Web Developer