Jim Gay wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Sean Cribbs wrote:
>
>>> issue running "rake db:migrate" on the old db or you restarded from a
>> Sean
> Actually, the sessions table was added, so a migration is necessary.
>
> I haven't followed this thread so hopefully I'm answering the
> question properly, but you should migrate the existing database, Andrea.

Yes, Jim is right. This is exactly what happened to me. I was upgrading
from 6.2 and when I switched servers I didn't notice that the gem had
been updated.  I did notice something about a sessions table in a log
file somewhere but I thought it was associated with an extension.  Turns
out that 6.3 added the requirement of a sessions table which my previous
database did not have.

Definitely migrate if you have a newer version of the gem.  I would try
just creating a simple project using a blank database with no
customizations.  Then slowly add your customizations to see when it
breaks.

dan