* John W. Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-12-04 11:40:10 -0500]:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:44 AM, Tõnu Runnel wrote:
>
> > I tried to leave all html code in the layout and snippets. So I gave
> > the
> > girls the pages tab where they entered all the content themselves (I
> > only
> > made some small examples). They had to use only textile + some few
> > snippets
> > and it was surprisingly easy and understandable for them -- without
> > any
> > knowledge of anything beyond office, browsers etc. So I guess in
> > most cases
> > there is no need for wysiwyg. And -- Word tables are more complex than
> >
> > | this | is |
> > | a | table |
>
> So true! With a little training most people can grok basic HTML or
> Textile. So if you have time to invest in your people you will be much
> better off than resorting a clunky wysiwyg.

Mostly true, except for tables like

| This is a very very long long table xxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
zzzzzzzzzz  kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm | kkkkkkkkkk
kkkkkkkkkk
tttt another long cell |

Otherwise, most things are quite easy and intuitive to do with wiki markup.

saji
..

--

APEC Climate Center                                     +82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F