That was my main concern... I'd like to continue packaging the library with Radiant, but it is no longer pure-Ruby and must be compiled. That said, RubyGems has greatly improved since we started down this road.

Sean

Jim Gay wrote:
It's a bit of a detour from Radiant being geared toward shared hosting.

John Muhl is working on a branch than uses RDiscount (which is a better Markdown parser).
http://github.com/johnmuhl/radiant/tree/markdown