Joe,

Interesting... I think that could be a bug in the implementation of the r:snippet and r:yield tags.

I'm not sure how this should be addressed. A snippet could be called from a page part, layout, or from another snippet, each of which could be using a different filter. I suppose that the most natural thing would be to use the same filter for the content inside the snippet tags as is being used in the context from which the snippet is called.

The idea for yielding snippets started life in my "Wrappits" extension[1], and was rolled into the Radiant core in version 0.6.8. You could try installing the wrappits extension. The behaviour of r:snippet and r:yield defined in the extension should override the behaviour defined in Radiant core. So you could experiment with modifying those tags, without having to meddle with the code of Radiant.

I'll add this to my list, and try to address it when I get a chance.

In the meantime, I suggest that you resort to plain HTML for the content between <r:snippet></r:snippet> tags, e.g.:

<r:snippet name="subsection" title="More about PSRC">
        <ol>
                <li>first</li>
                <li>second</li>
        </ol>