I guess I've delayed long enough, so here's my report!

In the morning before I arrived, Adam Williams, Nathaniel Talbott, and Rick DeNatale worked on getting the dataset plugin up to speed to be used with Radiant, and completed the integration shortly after I got there. (Once all the kinks were worked out, we saw a 50% decrease in the amount of time to run the model specs. Yay!) Meanwhile, Clinton Nixon and Brandan Lennox worked on converting existing extensions in the core repository to be compatible with the recent REST refactoring. Trent Albright contributed a number of bug fixes and integration specs.

Later on in the day, Nathaniel and Rick paired (tripled?) with me to rewrite extension migrations, which now write to the schema_migrations table instead of extension_meta. Radiant::ExtensionMeta is officially gone, and your extensions should be able to properly support timestamped migration version numbers. I also officially deprecated Admin::AbstractModelController -- from now on you should use Admin::ResourceController or write one from scratch. Adam combed through a bunch of spec code and removed dependencies on the ancient test_helpers -- all of the fixtures are gone so you should write your own or use the datasets (formerly scenarios). I finished the day by working with Brandan to convert extensions over to dataset.

Overall it was very productive, and we got some more people involved in the core development. I'm very excited about the upcoming 0.7 release!

Sean

John W. Long wrote:
Sorry for the delay in responding. I just ran across this in my junk folder.