http://thehjellejar.com/

See Rita's spoons at <http://jarofwood.com/>.

See my brother's software at <http://calftrail.com>.

On Oct 5, 2009, at 12:00, radiant-requ...@radiantcms.org wrote:

From: David Alan Hjelle <dahjelle.radiantcms....@thehjellejar.com>
Date: October 4, 2009 17:52:13 CDT
To: radiant@radiantcms.org
Subject: [Radiant] Vlad Compatibility? (WAS: SnS Extension Install Problem)

This has taken me a while to sort out and get back to. I still have some unresolved questions, but I wanted to point out what I've learned so far.

It turns out that the install problem I was having was directly related to trying to use vlad for deployment. Does anyone else have any experience using vlad <http://rubyhitsquad.com/Vlad_the_Deployer.html > for deployment of Radiant apps?

The issue seems to be the lines that need to be added to the Rakefile at the root of the Radiant app:

# added to use vlad deployment
begin
        require "vlad"
        Vlad.load(:web => nil, :app => :passenger, :scm => :git)
rescue LoadError
        # do nothing
end

With those lines, neither script/extension install or ray seem to install anything properly.

This seem to work swimmingly if I remove the lines for installation and then return them for deployment. I (yet) know why or if that is a fragile solution.

Sorry for pegging the SnS extension as the culprit earlier, Chris! Thanks for your help!

David Alan Hjelle
1 Corinthians 2:2