Arthur Gunn said the following on 10/12/2009 08:24 AM:
>> Perhaps, then, you can suggest a source of "How To" for GIT for
>> non-developers.
>
> There are no end of resources out there, my personal recommendation
> though:
>       http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~blynn/gitmagic/

Ah.  about 50 pages more than I wanted.
Telling me all the things that as a non-developer I don't need to know
about, and not answering fundamental questions like "when do I have to
worry about a 'module' or 'submodule'" and "how can I keep from geting
an update from 0.9 when I've got a 0.6.9 based application" or vice
versa, and "what if I'm using 0.9 and I try to ... clone? ... an
extension that hasn't a 0.9 revision now but will have in the future"?

I'm sure I'm not the only person on this list who has questions like that.

--
The state is made for man, not man for the state.... That is to say the
state should be our servant and not we its slaves.