This is unrelated to the comments extension.

If you have a snippet which is filtered with Markdown (or Textile or
some other) and it includes one that, for example, has some
non-Markdown text with spaces on a line before some HTML or text
begins, the parsing of the parent snippet (the one with Markdown
formatting) will include the contents and filter it as though it were
filtered with Markdown.
This is a weakness in the way Radiant handles this... or at least its
a weakness in the way Radiant sets the expectation for how the content
will be processed.

The answer is to either not use any filtering, or change the
comment_form snippet syntax so that it will filter with Markdown.

Does that make sense?