I realise this has been covered a little over the past year or two, but I
have one specific use case I need to figure out.

Essentially, we are developing sites, but we would like to keep the code for
the site in Git (for history, and also to make deployments nice and easy).

Thing is, we would like to include layouts (and sometimes snippets) in that
control, as layouts aren't something that we like the client to mess with,
their job is content.

Question is, what is the best way of doing this - there seems to be a few
extensions out there for copying layouts in and out of the database, but
nothing that seems to make a file based layout a first class citizen...

--
Neil Middleton
Technical Lead