I have a new fork of the twitter extension, but it probably won't help
you since that seems to be a configuration issue. It'd be a good idea,
now that I think of it, to post twitter config errors more clearly!

So, I also was thinking you might want to install (if you haven't)
firebug and do an 'inspect' on those pages that aren't rendering,
because it sounds vaguely like a JS issue.

Anna