> I'm looking at using the Custom Fields extension for some pages, for
> example
> pages with information about upcoming events. Each of these pages
> would have
> a custom field for start/end date, location, organizer, etc. Is
> there any
> way to create a template for these pages that would include the custom
> fields (maybe with default values)? I don't see how to do this with
> either
> the Stereotypes or Page Factory extensions.
If you're on edge, PageParts + PageFactory might approximate what
you're trying to do. PageParts would store those extra fields as
parts, not in another association; so it might not be exactly what
you're looking for. But right out of the box, PP + PF would let you do
this:

     class EventPageFactory < PageFactory::Base
         part "Start Date", :page_part_type => "DatePagePart"
         part "Organizer", :content => "Default value goes here"
     end

I'm putting together a screencast on the two extensions, it should be
posted in a few days.