On 23 Sep 2010, at 21:55, john muhl wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM, D.Kreft <dkr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm attempting to upgrade Radiant from 0.6.7 to 0.9.1 and it's proving to be
>> quite a pain.
>
> i prefer to upgrade one version at a time. so in your case i'd first
> go to 0.6.9, then 0.7.1, 0.8.1 and finally 0.9.1

... which isn't quite as bad as it sounds. There are tags in the repository for
every version from 0.6.8 onwards, so it's just a case of doing:

        git checkout 0.6.8
        rake db:migrate

a few times. You can skip some of the minor updates, as John suggests.

The update task on the other hand is not incremental: all it does is copy over
the current set of files (and latterly this involves backing up and replacing
your configuration files, so running it more than once can be destructive).
With any luck you can step through all the migrations and then run rake
radiant:update once at the end.

If your installation is more complicated, it's likely that you'll run into
problems with extension compatibility across major version changes. In that
case your best bet is probably to strip it down to radiant core and a few
essentials, update as above and then have a look at what's available now.

best,

will