Thanks Swartz,

Before I started to develop the extension, I upgraded radiant from 0.7.1 to
0.8.2. I just tried creating a brand new radiant 0.8.2 instance, copied the
extension I've been working on and the problem went away.

The 0.7.1 instance had frozen gems before upgrading to 0.8.2, at which point
I refroze the gems. I ran all the migration and update scripts for radiant
and for the extensions I upgraded.

Not sure where to start looking for typos. I'm guessing it would have to be
in one of the extensions I'm using. Any ideas on an easy way to find a
potential typo?