On 10 Nov 2010, at 13:31, Jim Gay wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Anthony Bouch <anthony.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have been trying to get a gallery to work with Radiant.
>>
>> I've tried the 'Galleries' extension - but could see no way to add
>> images from the asset list to the gallery.
>>
>> Am also now looking at the Library extension and their fork of
>> Paperclipped - but after trying to run the rake development
>> db:migrate:extensions task - I'm now getting an error which says..
>>
>> undefined method `is_taggable' for #<Class:0xb6d096f0>
>>
>> ..nor can I start the webserver.
>>
>> Any ideas? Help?
>>
>> Tony
>
> I haven't tried, but you could run the task with "--trace"
> rake db:migrate:extensions --trace
>
> That will show you the stack trace and you can look for an error
> coming from one of your extensions. It will tell you the line number
> where the error occurs.
>
> Also, you should be more specific here. You said that you are looking
> at the Library extension "and their fork" of Paperclipped.
> Pointing us to a specific repository would be helpful.

Ah sorry. That's my fault, I think. The library relies a variant of paperclip
that I've been meaning for months to pull into the mainstream:

        https://github.com/spanner/paperclipped

However, in this case I think the problem is a missing 'taggable' extension:

        https://github.com/spanner/radiant-taggable-extension

I've updated all these extensions to take out the (deprecated) config.extension
hooks but right now that means dependencies aren't properly caught and it's
easy to miss something. Sorry about the hassle: everything will work when we
standardise on gems but until then it's a bit in-between.

(You could try installing all this from gems, but there are complications there
too because at the moment most of my extensions are waiting in beta versions
for the configuration interface to make it into radiant. The gems currently
available are the beta versions and not compatible with radiant 0.9.1, or
indeed with radiant edge. You would need the 'preconfiguration' branch.)

As it happens I've just been updating an image gallery that uses exactly this
combination:

        http://lordmayorshow.org/library/history/

So if there's anything I can do to help, do let me know.

best,

will