Thanks Jim - that's exactly what I was trying to do. Here's were I'm
getting stuck:

$ gem install radiant-vhost-extension
(update config/environment.rb with: config.gem
'radiant-vhost-extension', :lib => false)
$ rake production radiant:extensions:vhost:update
$ rake production radiant:extensions:vhost:install --trace
(in /Users/fimaleshinsky/Sites/heroku)
** Invoke production (first_time)
** Execute production
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
** Invoke radiant:extensions:vhost:install (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Invoke radiant:extensions:vhost:migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Execute radiant:extensions:vhost:migrate
** Invoke radiant:extensions:vhost:apply_site_scoping (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Execute radiant:extensions:vhost:apply_site_scoping
rake aborted!
no such file to load --
/Users/fimaleshinsky/Sites/heroku/lib/tasks/add_site_columns

Any ideas?