I haven't looked at this extension in a while, but the deprecation
warnings shouldn't affect it.

Have you tried using it?

The reason I ask is because the error you mention "Don't know how to
build task 'radiant:extensions:search:update'" means that there is no
rake task of that name. Meaning, you ran a command that doesn't exist.

I don't believe there are any migrations for it either.

Just jump in and try using it!

--
Jim Gay
Saturn Flyer LLC