On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Marshal Linfoot <mlinf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with an upgrade to rc4 and wondering if anyone else has
> run into similar problems.
>
> Starting with a cloned copy of 0.9.1 instance, I've followed the guide from
> Jim Gay, https://gist.github.com/1540782, and can successfully start up an
> rc4 version of the site. But none of the former paperclipped assets are
> accessible and same thing for migrated sns styleshhets and javascripts.
> There are no error messages during the process, only a few warnings about
> deprecated items.

Thanks for the report! I've been wondering if there are things missed.
I'm sorry about your trouble but this helps.

Sheets should have rake tasks for you "rake
radiant:extensions:sheets:import:sns"
Have you run that? I'll add that to the upgrade instructions.
The code for that task is here
https://github.com/radiant/radiant-sheets-extension/blob/master/lib/tasks/sheets_extension_tasks.rake#L56

> The only thing that is obviously amiss, is although I have <r:stylesheet
> slug="screen" as="link" /> in the head of the raw document, when I look at
> the source of the generated page I see
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="screen" type="text/css" />
>
> instead of the expected
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/screen" type="text/css" />
>
> and 404 File not found errors in the server log.
>
> If there's anyone willing to help debug this, please let me know what
> information you need about my setup. Thanks in advance.

This is strange. The code for that is here
https://github.com/radiant/radiant-sheets-extension/blob/master/lib/stylesheet_tags.rb#L53
This points out some bad code. I used a local variable called "path"
which is the same as a method "path" on the page. So it's probably
using the page's method instead of the local variable. I'm not sure
how I never saw this problem.
What version of ruby are you running? (don't think that matters, but
good to know anyway)

The #radiantcms IRC channel has been much more active lately. I and
others like John Muhl and Andrew Vonderluft have been in there, so
that might be a good place to get help too.

> PS, Fresh install of rc4 (and coffe roasters, for example) looks great! Can
> hardly wait for the 1.0.0 release. Kudos to everyone involved!
> --
> marshal

That's great! Thanks Marshal!

--