On 22.5.2023 9.37, Greg Haverkamp via radiator wrote:

I'm attempting to call a fairly simple (but non-modifiable) restful API by means of AuthBy REST, and I cannot seem to make sense of how I should act upon the response it gives.

I get a JSON response that looks something like this:
{
"version": "LinOTP 2.11.2",
"jsonrpc": "2.0802",
"result": {
   "status": true,
   "value": false
},
"id": 0
}

I can create an example of how to access the contents of the "result" key. The default is to create a Perl hash for the keys but more complex structures require more configuration.

I've also been trying MapResponseHook, but the documentation on that is, shall we say, spartan. I just figured it might get the server response into a place where I could access it via AuthBy internal or a post auth hook, maybe that's what's required.

Does someone have an example of how to use this with JSON going back in response?

The MapResponseHook would be the tool here, and as you kindly put it, it needs a better example of how to process responses like the one above. I think there are at least two options here: use "status" and/or "value" directly to trigger a reject or reply, or then save their values so that they can be processed later. For example, for a hook or another AuthBy you've mentioned above.

I'll get back to this.

Heikki