- -----FW: RE: (RADIATOR) session database?-----

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:36:33 +0100 (CET)
From: Arturo Pina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jason W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) session database?

Hi,
I presume you have some device able to direct the requests based on the
address/port they're going to. As you have everything in a shared NFS the
only problem you have is the actual session information. You just need to
set up the Radiators so that they store that session information somehow
in the shared NFS, as if they do it in RAM you'll end up with a big mess.
So (see pages 20-23) you'll have to use <SessionDatabase SQL> or
<SessionDatabase DBM> which is actually very fast and perhaps easier to
set up... And it will be a file in the NFS share.
HTH

On 10-Mar-99 Jason W. wrote:
> I have some questions about setting up Radiator
> with multiple servers.  We have 3 Sun Ultra boxes
> that are load balanced for many services.  I want
> to set radiator up on all three of these servers, and
> have them load balance.  Also in this architecture
> we have an NFS mounted disk shelf that stores
> most of our user data.  I would like to install Radiator
> on all three servers, but have the database data
> NFS mounted to the disk shelf, so that all three servers
> will pull their info from the same database.  Is this
> possible with Radiator, and do you have any suggestions
> in setting this up?  Would I need to also use the
> <SessionDatabase SQL> option?  I would not
> think so since all the accounting data for all three
> servers would be saved on the NFS mounted
> volume.  Also I'm going to use mySQL for our
> SQL database.
>
> TIA...

- ---
Arturo Pina - [EMAIL PROTECTED]