On Apr 18,  4:27pm, tom minchin wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Ah. <Authby SQL> question..
> On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 03:49:09PM -0500, Mike McCauley wrote:
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > On Apr 17, 11:47pm, Rob Thomas wrote:
> > > Subject: (RADIATOR) Ah. <Authby SQL> question..
> > >
> > > I've been plowing through radiator, and I'm pretty happy with it. Just
going
> > > through and I don't seem to find any documentation on having a different
> > > database for authentication and accounting. Am I blind, or is it not
there?
> > Its there, just a bit non-obvious
> >
> > You wil need to set up 2 AuthBy SQL, each with slightly differetn setup.
With
> > SQL, if you have an _empty string_ for the AuthSelect, it wont to do
> > authentication. If AcctTable is not defined, it wont do accounting, so:
>
> Would it also work if you used a Handler?
>
> <Handler Acct-Status-Type=/Stop|Start/>
>       <AuthBy SQL>
>       [...blah blah off to the accounts SQL server...]
>       </AuthBy SQL>
> </Handler>

Yes, I expect it would, though I havent tested it.

> [... continue on to the rest of the handlers/realms...]
The only thing to beware of with that last line is that Radiator will look at
all the Realm clauses first, and only if exactly none of the Realms match will
it go on to look for a Handler.

That means if you have a DEFAULT Realm, no Handler will _ever_ get called,
regardless of where the Handler is placed in the config file.

Cheers.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> ===
>-- End of excerpt from tom minchin

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody