On May 5,  5:45pm, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Blocking based on Caller ID
> > Is their a better way?
>
> If you can implement caller id-based filtering in the nas that
> will be better as it will avoid toll calls for your users to try
> to get authenticated only to find it failing. (I think many
> people would just try again, and again, if it comes back saying
> 'bad password' or similar).

That sounds like good advice.

If Brian did want to implement in Radiator, its probably best to use Handlers
rather than Realms. By checking a combination of NAS-IP-Address and
Calling-Station-Id, you should be able to discriminate between the ones you are
prepared to handle

<Handler NAS-Ip-Address=10.11.12.13,Calling-Station-Id=/^403/>
        # This will handle calls into that NAS from numbers that start with 403
</Handler>

<Handler NAS-Ip-Address=11.11.12.13,Calling-Station-Id=/^201/>
        # This will handle calls into that NAS from numbers that start with 201
</Handler>

<Handler>
        # This will handle all the "illegal" combinations.
        # without an AuthBy it will always reject
</Handler>

Hope that helps.

Cheers.