In my ongoing struggle to setup radiator to authenticate off a SQL Server and
Platypus, I have the following questions:

I'm using the Authby EMERALD because we do have the Radius package add-on for
platypus.  However, I was looking at AuthbyEMERALD.pm.  Can I not specify a custom
select statement like the one used by AuthbySQL.pm?  Must I use the default table
structure that emerald uses?  I tried setting the AuthSelect varilable but I am
getting an error
message in the logs.  See below:

BTW, I got the FreeTDS DBD to work.  Thanks to Kevin Wormington for all the help.

<REALM blahblah>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        <AuthBy EMERALD>
          DBSource      dbi:FreeTDS:database=somedb;host=somehostname;port=someport;
          DBUsername    someuser
          DBAuth        somepw
          AuthSelect select password, idletime, sessiontime, simuse, \
                logontime, staticip from subscribers where username = '%n' \
                and status = 'A'
          AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
          AuthColumnDef 1, Idle-Timeout, reply
          AuthColumnDef 2, Session-Timeout, reply
          AuthColumnDef 3, Simultaneous-Use, check
          AuthColumnDef 4, Time, check
          AuthColumnDef 5, Framed-IP-Address, reply

In the logs, I get this

Mon Jun  7 16:01:55 1999: DEBUG: Query is: select DateAdd(Day, ma.extension, maE
xpireDate),
DateAdd(Day, sa.extension, saExpireDate), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType,
sa.password, sa.login, sa.shell, sa.TimeLeft Select password, idletime, sessiont
ime, simuse, logontime, staticip from subscribers where username = '%n' and stat
us = 'A'
from masteraccounts ma, subaccounts sa
where (sa.login = 'rhawley' or sa.shell = 'rhawley')
and ma.customerid = sa.customerid
and sa.active <> 0 and ma.active <> 0

Mon Jun  7 16:01:55 1999: ERR: Execute failed for 'select DateAdd(Day, ma.extens
ion, maExpireDate),
DateAdd(Day, sa.extension, saExpireDate), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType,
sa.password, sa.login, sa.shell, sa.TimeLeft Select password, idletime, sessiont
ime, simuse, logontime, staticip from subscribers where username = '%n' and stat
us = 'A'
from masteraccounts ma, subaccounts sa
where (sa.login = 'rhawley' or sa.shell = 'rhawley')
and ma.customerid = sa.customerid
and sa.active <> 0 and ma.active <> 0': Error processing tds packet.  Coulnd't g
et column information

This is what leads me to believe that I cannot use the AuthSelect config option. :(

..Rich

Richard W. Hawley - Network Engineer                   CyberZone Internet Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                           942 Main Street
http://www.cyberzone.net                                       Hartford, CT. 06103