Hello,

I currently use Radiator for our radius solution and MRTG to collect SNMP
data from our routers.

I wondering if there are any products or plugins for Radiator that will
collect SNMP interface counters
for accounting to an SQL database.  I currently use MRTG and the perl script
that comes with it for calculating
traffic.  I run the script every day and it calculates throughput based on
the 5 minute SNMP polls it has completed
during the day and I've then written a few things to get that into a
database for each interface I'm monitoring.

I have concerns that this information may not be really accurate and I'd
prefer something designed for this purpose.  Currently all the information I
log in this way is not used for billing.

I've also had problems with some customers connecting for over 1 month
without a disconnection.  Then I don't have a stop record I can use for
billing in that month.  Therefore I have to disconnect the customer before I
can bill them.  Maybe the solution is to disconnect people who connect for
long periods of time.  The other concern I have is how large the counters
can get before they roll over?  Is this NAS dependant?

It would be nice if there was a radius record other than a stop or start, eg
an update record for those clients who hardly ever disconnect.  I guess this
is not in the radius spec and may be considered something that radius may
not address.

If anyone knows of any good software for pulling SNMP interface stats into a
database with a fair amount of logic for handling equipment resets I'd love
the URL.

Regards,

Leigh Spiegel
Senior Systems Administrator