On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 04:05:55PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> Re: (RADIATOR) SNMP Counter logging
> On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 04:26:38PM +1000, tom minchin wrote:
> > I use the SNMP method to clear the interface, that sends a Stop (IOS version
> > 11.3(8)T1).
> >
> > snmpset hostname community .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 i interface
>
> would you have a list anywhere of what these cisco oids mean?

There's some meaty documents on www.cisco.com which go through each MIB
that you can download from the website. I was never able to integrate
the Cisco MIBs into CMU or UCD (but I'm hardly an expert). Unfortunately
I don't have any URLs as they keep changing the damn site layout.

> am i missing something really basic about snmp or is it meant to be
> ridiculously clumsy and over-complicated??

I'm sure it's not meant to be clumsy, but the way Cisco (and others) have
implemented it (ie in an accumulatory fashion rather than any attractive
plan) means that it's ugly and complicated.

The Cisco solution is to buy CiscoWorks and be done with it :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]