Hi Simon -

At 12:14 PM 28/7/99, Simon Lindsay wrote:
>We've just change to Radiator, and are very happy with the results, but
>have a single remaining access server to change across, which has some
>people who authentication using chap on it.
>
>This is how i've tried to set it up with cistron (that we used to use),
>but it didn't quite work, which we thought was cistrons chap support
>causing the problem.
>
>Is anybody using chap from a cisco 2511, and does this look right ? Also,
>each "interface" on the cisco is specifically listed like Async12 below,
>surely theres an easier way to do that? (Sorry for being a bit off topic).
>
>TIA
>
>users file
>xxx             Password = "xxxxxxx",
>                Auth-Type = Local,
>                Service-Type = Framed-User
>                Framed-IP-Address = x.x.x.x,
>                Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>                Framed-Route = "x.x.x.x/24 x.x.x.x 1",
>                Framed-Routing = None,
>                Idle-Timeout = 0

This user entry appears to have Service-Type = Framed-User as a check item,
but not as a reply item. Cisco's require that the reply items include a
Service-Type = Framed-User in this context.

Also, from memory, Cisco configuration files have a shorthand notation for
specifying groups of lines - not sure if that will do what you want.

hth