Salut Frédéric -

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Frédéric GARGULA wrote:
> Hugh Irvine wrote:
> >
> > Salut Frédéric - comment va la belle France?
>
> Paris is very nice without parisians !

n'est-ce pas?

> > On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Frédéric GARGULA wrote:
> > > My old Radius proxy is dead, so I'm building a new one using Radiator.
> > >

> > Excellent idea!
>
> I will be very very happy when our customers will be able to connect...
>

> > > The old one was running Radius DTC 2.03.
> > > I didn't find the configuration file, but I found the users file.
> > > In that file, there is the config for handling runneling from one of the
> > > clients.
> > >

> > I presume that all of your equipment is DTC?
>
> I must explain a little thing : We are an ISP, and we have many POPs.
> But to extend the number of our POPs, we buy access from SIRIS, a french
> Telecom Operator.

Ahhh - d'accord, j'ai compris....

> Our customers can connect using a national dialup number, which is owned
> by SIRIS
>
> Our trouble is that SIRIS uses a L2F tunnel. To correctly answer to the
> incoming requests from SIRIS's servers, we have to add this attributes :
>
>          Tunnel-Type = Tunnel-L2F,
>          Tunnel-Medium-Type = Tunnel-IP,
>          Tunnel-Client-Endpoint = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
>          Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = "@toto_example",
>          Tunnel-Password = "yyyyyy"
>
> to the incoming request.
>
> Those request may arrivve from two Radius Servers. So I have two
> <Client> clauses in my radius.cfg file.

Yes that is correct.

> In the old configuration, those attributes was injected in the incoming
> in the users file. We had a line in the users file that filter incoming
> requests from a particular client :
>
> DEFAULT Password = "PROXY", Suffix="@netclic.fr", DTC-AP-Name="tnt"
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> (in this example, we had a #ap:tnt entry in the clients files,
> describing the ip address and secret for tnt client.
>

> > All of this looks quite straightforward, provided we have the correct radius
> > dictionary that defines the above attributes. Have you found that?
> >
> >  >
> > > My question is : How do I convert that config to suit Radiator ?
> > > I think I can use a
> > > <Realm toto.org>
> > >       <AuthBy RADIUS>
> > >               Host radius.toto.org
> > >               AuthPort 1812
> > >                 AcctPort 1813
> > >                 Secret topsecret
> > >         </AuthBy>
> > > </Realm>
> > >
> > You will not be able to do this with a <Realm toto.org>, as it is
> > the same in both cases, so I think Handlers would be better in this case.
>
> How can I differentiate incoming request by the client ? those request
> are with same Realm...

You will need to configure a Handler for each client or you
could use the incoming attribute DTC-AP-Name="tnt"

<Handler NAS-IP-Addres=ipaddress>

or

<Handler DTC-AP-Name="tnt">

> > I will also need to know how your other users are defined, and how they enter
> > their usernames to verify that my suggestions will work.
>
> with have many realm : some with tunnel connection and non-tunnel
> connection.
> We can suppose that for each realm, there are two cases : with tunnel
> (incoming from SIRIS) and without tunnel (incoming from our POPs)

Understood.

> > My assumption here is that the tunnel creation is part of the user
> > authentication - there is another possibility too, which is that the tunnel
> > creation occurs as a separate transaction before the user is authenticated.
> > However based on the two fragments that you have provided it looks to me like
> > its part of the user authentication.
> >
> We don't create the tunnel. the tunnel is created, and we must reply in
> it. It's SIRS that create the tunnel.
> I think we just have to add the tunnel attributes the the incoming
> request, before forwarding it to the correct Radius Server.

I agree.

> > # Standard configuration parameters
> >
> > Foreground
> > LogStdout
> > LogDir          .....
> > DbDir           .....
> > AuthPort        1812
> > AcctPort        1813
> >
> > <Client .....>
> > </Client>
> >
> > # Define a Handler for "ClientWithTunnel"
> > <Handler DTC-AP-Name="ClientWithTunnel">
>
> I can't use DTC-AP-Name because using the DTC Radius server, it
> correspond to a specific Radius client IP address...
>
> >         <AuthBy FILE>
> >                 Filename ....
> >                 AddToReply User-Service = 2,
> >                         DTC-Auth-Allow = "",
> >                         DTC-Auth-Port = 1812,
> >                         DTC-Auth-Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
> >                         DTC-Auth-Secret = "topsecret",
> >                         DTC-Acct-Port = 1813,
> >                         DTC-Acct-Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
> >                         Tunnel-Type = Tunnel-L2F,
> >                         Tunnel-Medium-Type = Tunnel-IP,
> >                         Tunnel-Client-Endpoint = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
> >                         Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = "@toto_example",
> >                         Tunnel-Password = "yyyyyy"
> >         </AuthBy>
> > </Handler>
> >

> I can't send the tunnel parameters at each time, but only if the client
> ip address is from SIRIS, or if the NAS-Identifier field begins with
> "SH"
>
> > #Define a Handler for "ClientWithoutTunnel"
> > <Handler DTC-AP-Name="ClientWithoutTunnel">
> >         <AuthBy FILE>
> >                 Filename ......
> >                 AddToReply Service-Type = Framed-User,
> >                 DTC-Auth-Allow = "",
> >                 DTC-Auth-Port = 1812,
> >                 DTC-Auth-Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
> >                 DTC-Auth-Secret = "topsecret",
> >                 DTC-Acct-Port = 1813
> >         </AuthBy>
> > </Handler>
> >
> I must try this, but DTC-AP-Name="ClientWithoutTunnel" couldn't be
> defined in Radiator because it was a parameter of the DTC Radius Server
> (The one that is dead).
> > >
> > > but I have to make the difference between clients that use the tunnel
> > > and client that don't use it
> > >
> > > (in the old users file, I have also this :
> > >
> > > DEFAULT Password = "PROXY", Suffix="@toto.org",
> > > DTC-AP-Name="ClientWithoutTunnel"
> > >         Service-Type = Framed-User,
> > >         DTC-Auth-Allow = "",
> > >         DTC-Auth-Port = 1812,
> > >         DTC-Auth-Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
> > >         DTC-Auth-Secret = "topsecret",
> > >         DTC-Acct-Port = 1813,
> > > )
> > >
> > > How can I handle the tunnel, depending of the client ?
> > >

> > There must be another part of the original configuration (perhaps in the
> > equipment itself) that generates the DTC-AP-Name check item.
>
> The equipment can't play a role here :
>
> In the case of the tunnel, the equipment is a Shiva.
>

> Thanks a lot for Help...
>
> --
> Frederic GARGULA
> Ingenieur Reseaux & Systemes
> EASYNET France
> Tel.: +33 1 44 54 70 55

Well, I understand a bit more of your problem, but still not everything. It
would be most helpful if you could send me a more detailed description of your
environment.

cheers