On Aug 2,  9:43am, Paul Black wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) Authenticating From Radmin
>
> I've now got Radmin installed and I'm very pleased with the user interface
and
> capabilities. Now I'm trying to get my radius.cfg setup to allow
> authentication of a test user and still allowing fallback to authenticating
> from the shadow password file for my existing customers. I've attached my
> radius.cfg file and the trace logfile output. When I ran the attached config
> none of my existing customers could login.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

You would set up an AuthBy RADMIN followed by an AuthBy UNIX. The AuthByPolicy
would be ContinueWhileReject. Therefore Radiator will first try RADMIN. If that
fails it wil try your shadow file. Acounting will always go to RADMIN:

<Realm whatever>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject

        <AuthBy RADMIN>
                # As you have it now
        </AuthBy>

        # Fall through to here if rejected by RADMIN
        <AuthBy UNIX>
                Filename /etc/shadow
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

In fact, the only change from the config you sent is the AuthByPolicy, I think

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

> Regards.  Paul
>

> [ text/plain ] :
>
> # livingCompat.cfg
> #
> # This is a simple Radiator config file that allows you
> # to continue using a bog standard Livingston or
> # similar users file with Radiator, It implements the
> # Auth-Type="System" check item by using AuthBy UNIX
> #
> # You will probably want to change the definitions of
> # DbDir, LogDir and the Filename parameters
> #
> # Author: Mike McCauley ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> # Copyright (C) 1997 Open System Consultants
> # $Id: livingCompat.cfg,v 1.3 1999/07/12 02:01:35 mikem Exp $
>
> #Foreground
> #LogStdout
> Trace         4
>
> DbDir         /etc/raddb
> LogDir                /var/log/radacct
> DictionaryFile  /etc/raddb/dictionary
>
> # This clause defines a single client to listen to
> # You will probably want to change localhost and mysecret
> # to suit your site.
> <Client xenon>
>       Secret   XXX
> </Client>
> <Client dm1>
>       Secret   XXX
> </Client>
> <Client pm1>
>       Secret   XXX
> </Client>
>
> # This clause means we will handle any real that arrives
> <Realm DEFAULT>
>       <AuthBy RADMIN>
>               # Change DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth for your database
>               # See the reference manual. You will also have to
>               # change the one in <SessionDatabse SQL> below
>               # so its the same
>               DBSource        dbi:mysql:radmin
>               DBUsername      radmin
>               DBAuth          XXX
>
>               # You can add to or change these if you want, but you
>               # will probably want to change the databse schema first
>               AccountingTable RADUSAGE
>               AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>               AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
>               AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>               AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-IP-Address
>               AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>               AcctColumnDef   DNIS,Called-Station-Id
>
>               #
>               # This updates the time and octets left for this user
>               #
>
>               AcctSQLStatement update RADUSERS set
TIMELEFT=TIMELEFT-0%{Acct-Session-Time},
OCTETSINLEFT=OCTETSINLEFT-0%{Acct-Input-Octets},
OCTETSOUTLEFT=OCTETSOUTLEFT-0%{Acct-Output-Octets} where USERNAME='%n'