Hi,

Can't figure out a way to have <AuthBy FILE> get the names/passwords from
the Unix password file. Using <AuthBy UNIX> works when I specify the
location of the shadow password file, but not when I specify 'Auth-Type =
UNIX' in the 'users' file. Any pointers?

System runs RedHat Linux 6.0 with 2.2.9 kernel and Radiator 2.14.1.
Radiator runs as root, testing using radpwtst on on the same host
(localhost).

--- session log (radiusd already running) ---

[root@bmama raddb]# cat /usr/local/etc/users
DEFAULT Service-Type = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Auth-Type = UNIX,
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
        Framed-MTU = 1500,
        Shiva-User-Attributes = /di,
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
[root@bmama raddb]# cat /etc/radius.cfg
# radius.cfg
#
# Author: Mike McCauley ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
# Copyright (C) 1997 Open System Consultants
# $Id: radius.cfg,v 1.3 1999/01/28 05:13:52 mikem Exp $

LogDir /var/log/radius
DbDir /usr/local/etc/raddb

# Proxy Radius
<Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
        Secret xxxxxxxx
</Client>

# For testing: this allows us to honour requests from radpwtst
# on the same host.
<Client localhost>
        Secret mysecret
        DupInterval 0
</Client>

# This clause handles all users from all realms by looking them up
# in the users file at /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy FILE>

        </AuthBy>
        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Realm>
[root@bmama raddb]# radpwtst -user test -password test
sending Access-Request...
Rejected
sending Accounting-Request Start...
OK
sending Accounting-Request Stop...
OK

Any ideas? Where should I look in the manual if it is in there?

Thnx,
Jonathan

--
UR Communications - Solutions for a wired world
Who, what & where @ http://www.ur.nl/