Before I reinvent the wheel has anyone else written a module to do
detailed logging of the authentication process? What i mean by that is
something that shows each Authentication request, Accounting Start and
Accounting Stop as a series of one-liners showing the user@host, NAS
name/port, the result (pass/fail) and if it's an error the message
returned from the authenticator.

Currently we get these from our Merit RADIUS server and I pass them
through a custom script to give very helpful info to the guys on the tech
support lines.

--
Network Administrator        | "...and next door is a virtual reality
mich.com, Inc.               |  restaurant, CGI Friday's..."