Hello Jason -

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, Jason Godsey wrote:
> We are having trouble figuring out how to work w/ our
> Radius 2.1 users file in Radiator..
>
> Everything we do works except for the Group check..
>
> We use something like
>
> DEFAULT Prefix=P, Auth-Type=System, Group=kflex, NAS-IP-Address=127.0.0.1
>
> DEFAULT Prefix=P, Auth-Type=System, Group=kflex, NAS-IP-Address=127.0.0.2
>

> DEFAULT Prefix=P, Auth-Type=System, Group=kflex, NAS-IP-Address=127.0.0.3
>
> DEFAULT Prefix=P, Auth-Type=System, Group=888, Called-Station-Id=5551212
>

> We are hoping to use the unix group to check for an auth or not..

You will need to add something like the following to your configuration file:

# Specify Filename and GroupFilename if different from defaults
# Set Identifier to System as a reference for Auth-Type=System

<AuthBy UNIX>
        Identifier System
        Filename .....
        GroupFilename ....
</AuthBy>

Also note that there was a Group bug fixed in Radiator 2.14 (latest version is
2.14.1). See http://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html.

"AuthBy SYSTEM now checks the primary group as well as the secondary groups.
It used only to do the secondaries."

hth