Hello Paul -

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Paul van der Zwan wrote:
> Is there a simple way to have the LDAP2 module only bind once to the LDAP
> server ? . I am running against Nescape SDS 4.1 ( the latest and greatest...) and
> it disconnects when the client unbinds. As far as I know it is legal to
> connect once and bind/unbind multiple times, but apparently Netscape disagrees.
> Radiator and  SDS are still fast  enough but reconnecting for every authentication
> adds overhead we could do  without.

Hmmmm - this has come full circle, and I suppose the answer is to make the
connection algorithm a configuration item. Radiator initially made a single
connection and then did all requests over that connection, but we had all sorts
of problems with LDAP servers falling over when used in this way, so the code
was changed to open and close the connection for each request.

Mike will decide which approach is best to handle different scenarios.

cheers