Hello Derek -

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Derek Sanderson wrote:
> i meant to post the same message...  it does appear to be harmful because
> its causing my system to fall back to a flat file (i have auth groups set up
> just in case sql is down).  the sql queries seam to work until the server
> gets busy, then it starts returning enough errors for radiator to
> temporarily stop sql logins.
>
> i need a solution for this one too....

I just posted this to Stuart Henderson.

There seems to be considerable confusion about which FreeTDS module should be
used with Radiator. Note that Radiator requires a DBD module for Perl DBI.

The correct reference is:

 ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_dbd/freetds_dbd.snapshot.tgz

FreeTDS_DBD must be installed just like Radiator and DBI, usually with:
 perl Makefile.PL
 make
 make test
 make install

Please note that this version of freetds_dbd is incomplete and it does fail
some of its make tests (note also that you must edit the file t/TestCommon.pm
to reflect your configuration). Please read the README and INSTALL files in the
distribution. Radiator works just fine with this version, as it doesn't use any
of the missing freetds_dbd functions.

Once you have freetds_dbd correctly installed, you will have to change your
DBSource line(s) to refer to the freetds_dbd module:

 DBSource              dbi:FreeTDS:database=xxxx;host=yyyy;port=1433;

There are examples in the radius.cfg file in the main Radiator distribution.

hth

NT, Rhapsod