Hi,

We are an ISP using Radiator. I'm sure you can all sleep better at night
knowing that <grin>.

We would like to set up a couple of AuthBy Group clauses to prevent
authentication for disconnect non-pays, and vacation accounts.

Our radius.cfg file contains the following:

<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                # The filename defaults to %D/users
        </AuthBy>

        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
        PasswordLogFileName %L/password.log
</Realm>

<Realm dummyrealmforunix>
        <AuthBy UNIX>
                Identifier System
                Filename /etc/master.passwd
                Match ^([^:]*):([^:]*)
        </AuthBy>
        #Log accounting to the detail file in %L
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail

Our users file contains the following:
DEFAULT Auth-Type=System
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
 Ascend-Base-Channel-Count = 1,
 Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1

My question is twofold:

What is the format for a group file that I write myself? For instance, I
want a group called dnp (disconnect non-pay). The usual Unix group file
would have a groupname, password, ID, members, etc. In the proposed
scenario, could I just create a text file called dnp, and add users (one
per line) to that file and have it work?

What order is necessary for the AuthBy Group clause and the entry in the
users file for this to work?

Thanks,

T.