Hugh Irvine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> recently suggested:

> It might be simpler to set up your Client clauses with DNS names, then use
> Client-Id in your accounting records.
>
> # Configure Client clause with DNS name, something like this:
>
> <Client NAS.city.indo.net.id>
> </Client>

I've often considered doing this, but I'm not sure that I like the
idea of performing a DNS lookup on each packet.  Does Radiator cache
DNS info?

If so, does it
1)  Do any lookups when reading the config file?
2)  Time out DNS caches as appropriate?
3)  Flush DNS caches on a kill -HUP?

Thanks.

--phil
"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody.
     Now I see that I should have been more specific."