Hello Rose -

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Rosemarie P. San Juan wrote:
> Hi list !
>
>        We're  having a problem again in authentication, one month ago we
> installed radiator in one of our servers for testing, the authentication
> using the system works fine,  and the authentication in mysql database
> works fine  also (on which this is used as default realm), now when we
> installed radiator with the actual server for authentication, and used
> AuthSQL as one of the realms (system as default), we got an error
> connecting to the database , we installed mysql, DBI and msql-mysql
> modules on the same server , and isolated the problem , but still we
> can't get through to the database ... below is the logfile produced when
> connecting to the database ...
>
> ri Nov 26 06:23:26 1999: ERR: Unknown object 'ClientListSQL' in
> /etc/radius.cfg
> Fri Nov 26 06:23:27 1999: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
> DBI->conn
> Fri Nov 26 06:23:27 1999: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database.
> Request is
> Fri Nov 26 06:54:08 1999: NOTICE: SIGHUP received: restarting
> Fri Nov 26 06:54:08 1999: ERR: Unknown object 'ClientListSQL' in
> /etc/radius.cfg
> Fri Nov 26 06:54:09 1999: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
> DBI->conn
> Fri Nov 26 06:54:09 1999: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database.
> Request is
> Fri Nov 26 07:04:17 1999: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
> DBI->conn
> Fri Nov 26 07:04:17 1999: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database.
> Request is

There are a couple of problems shown above. First - ClientListSQL is
implemented in Radiator 2.14.1 - it would appear that you are running an
earlier version of Radiator. Second - I don't think you have correctly
configured the DBSource line.

Could you please send me a copy of your configuration file, together with the
version numbers for Perl and Radiator on the new machine.

thanks