Hi All,
I've found out on how to do the above in the FAQ as shown below

     <Realm whatever>
             AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
             <AuthBy SQL>
                     DBSource        dbi:???????
                     DBUsername      userfordb1
                     DBAuth          authfordb1
                     # an empty AuthSelect turns off auth
                     AuthSelect

                     AccountingTable whatever
                     etc, etc, etc.
             </AuthBy>
             <AuthBy SQL>
                     DBSource        dbi:???????
                     DBUsername      userfordb2
                     DBAuth          authfordb2
                     # an empty AccountingTable turns off accounting
             </AuthBy>
     </Realm>

However, how do I disable the user from connecting if the Accounting
Database is down
because the AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways will allow him to be connected
regardless.

Thanks.