> Salut -
>
> Il fait toujours aussi beau ici....ciel bleu, soleil, 30 degres...  :-)

Enfoiré ;-)

> > What a complex way ;-) ! I just want to have as a default reply (if no other
> > value of those check items in users file) : Service-Type =
> > Framed-User,Framed-Protocol = PPP,Framed-Netmask =
> > 255.255.255.0,Framed-Routing = None,Framed-MTU = 1500,Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600.
> >
> > Is DefaultReply not sufficient to do that ?
> >

> No. Default-Reply will only add the attributes if there are no other attributes
> in the reply. If you specify some attributes in the users file that you want to
> take precedence, you will need to use AddToReplyIfNotExist.
>
> > And what about having default check item "Auth-Type = System" (if not another
> > value defined in users file) for users defined in users file and only them.
> >

> OK - let me try again.
>
> # may need UseGetspnam (see section 6.31 in the manual)
>
> <AuthBy SYSTEM>
>       Identifier CheckSystem
>       UseGetspnam
> </AuthBy>
>
> # define an AuthBy FILE with defaults
>
> <AuthBy FILE>
>       Identifier CheckUser
>       Filename %D/users
>       AddToReplyIfNotExist Service-Type = Framed-User, \
>               Framed-Protocol = PPP, \
>               Framed-IP-Address = 193.149.106.4, \
>               Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255, \
>               Framed-Routing = None, \
>               Framed-MTU = 1500, \
>               Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600
> </AuthBy>
>
> # now define your normal Realms or Handlers
>
> <Realm ....>
>       AuthBy CheckUser
> </Realm>

> # file %D/users
>
> p50fr           Auth-Type = CheckSystem

> How is that? It may seem slightly complex, but it is the only way to add
> attribute handling to an AuthBy SYSTEM.

OK I understood the difference between Default-Reply and AddToReplyIfNotExist.
I will use 2.15 release in order to use the second directive.
Now, what about my second question :

> > And what about having default check item "Auth-Type = System" (if not another
> > value defined in users file) for users defined in users file and only them ?

In fact, in my users file, I will have users with Auth-Type = System and
default reply items for which I would like to just specify their login like
that :

user1
user2

without putting Auth-Type = System for each of them ?

BTW, I noticed another problem. I put LogDir %D in radius.cfg but %D was not
expanded. Why ? I don't want to put . since I will start radiusd with a
absolute path.

Thanks in advance for your help.                Gildas.

--
Gildas PERROT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]         __o
FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_

˙