Hello Ray -

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Ray Carpenter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get Apache to authenticate via Radiator using the
> mod_auth_radius module.  I have it working but after 12 - 24 hours it will
> stop authenticating.  The Apache error_log only shows the user did not
> authenticate and the Radiator log shows nothing (this is at trace 4).  Once
> this condition happens Radiator cannot be restarted.  The error received is
> something to the effect that Radiator cannot bind to socket as it is in use.
> At this point I must reboot the system and all will work until next time.  I
> was hoping someone on the list might have  experienced this and point me in
> the right direction.
>
> The configuration is as follows:
>
> Linux RH 6.1
> Radiator 2.14.1
> Apache 1.3.9
> mod_auth_radius  1.4.1
>
> BTW I tried AuthenRadius and had the same problem.

This sounds very ugly - some part of your configuration is using up resources
until everything grinds to a halt. What else was Radiator doing prior to this
happening - what did the logfile show up to that point? Perhaps you could send
me a copy of your configuration file (no secrets) and a copy of the trace 4 up
until everything stops.

thanks