Hello Dave -

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Dave Close wrote:
> We run two copies of Radiator on different systems. One is intended as
> our primary authentication server, the other as our only accounting
> server. The accounting server acts as a secondary authentication
> server, though that is not its intended purpose. For our own POPs, this
> works quite well.
>
> We do have a few locations where we don't control the NAS and the
> requests come to us through proxy servers. Although we carefully
> explain our requirements, these sites frequently send accounting data
> to the wrong server. I'd like to find a way to work around these
> configuration errors without waiting for the other administrators to
> take action.
>
> Is there a way to ask Radiator to forward only accounting requests from
> the authentication server to the accounting server? Obviously, I don't
> want to forward authentication requests.

Sure - on your Authentication server, add something like this:

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
        <AuthBy RADIUS>
                Host your.accounting.server
                Secret youracctsecret
</Handler>

If you are currently using Realms, change them to Handlers like this:

<Realm some.realm>  ->  <Handler Realm = some.realm>

You will also need to be careful with ordering the Handlers so the more
specific appear in the configuration file before the more general.

Note that the Request-Type check item appeared in Radiator 2.15 (or
alternatively there is a patch for Radiator 2.14.1).

Of course, you will also need to create a Client clause on your Accounting
server to match the AuthBy RADIUS above.

hth