Hello Juan -

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, ARG-MENENDEZ, JUAN wrote:
> I been doing some tests with Radiator Demo Version 2.15 & some
> Ciscos 2511/5300 and everything went allright.
>
>       We also have some MAX TNTs here and I noticed the MAX TNT unit is
> sending ´garbage´ to the radius server (I can only see it if I configure
> loglevel to trace 4), although it does work ok when sending/receiving
> authentication requests.
>
>       Do I need to care about this ? It looks like Radiator takes those
> bad packets as authentication requests. Maybe I need to configure anything
> else in radiator config ?

The MAX is not sending "garbage" to the Radius server - it is trying to
configure itself. MAXen have a "feature" that allows them to download
additional configuration information from a Radius server and that is why you
are seeing these strange usernames. There is an option on the MAX to turn this
behaviour off. This has been discussed on the list before, so have a look at:

        http://www.thesite.com.au/~radiator

and do a search.

hth