Hello Stephen -

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Stephen Chen wrote:

> Has anybody tried to cache user records when it is pulled into a proxy
> Radiator from a main Radiator server?
>
> We need to do this to prevent authentication system failure as result of our
> centralized database server failure.  Since this database server is in a
> remote location, and mirroring it is currently not an option, we need
> something to let people authenticate on local proxy radius when it can't get
> to the main radius.
>
> Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Radiator will not cache any proxy responses.

You will probably have to generate a flat users file at the central site and
distribute it to the remote site(s) by automated scp (or equivalent). Then you
can set up a configuration to fall back to the local file if the remote site is
unreachable.

hth

Hugh

btw - if the central site is unreachable is there any point in still letting
your users connect?