Hello Dave -

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Dave Kitabjian wrote:
> On Friday, March 10, 2000 2:06 AM, Hugh Irvine [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Dave -
> >
> > On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Dave Kitabjian wrote:
> > > This is partly a Radiator question and partly a generic Radius
> question.
> > >
> > > It's rather simple, we want to make our 800# available only to certain
> > > customers. My guess is that this would be controlled by some type of
> radius
> > > Reply Attribute. So the first question is, what attribute do I use?
> > >
> > > Then, when calls come into that 800#, I guess I would intercept them
> with
> > > something like:
> > >
> > > <Handler Called-Station-Id = "800YOUWISH">
> > >
> > > </Handler>
> > >
> > > So the next question is, how do I Reject their Access-Request at this
> > > point?
> >
> > I think you will want to check the Called-Station-Id when you do your
> database
> > lookup, and if it is not available to the user, simply reject them at
> that
> > point.
>
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is what I want to do, but what I'm asking
> is, *how* do I do it? Does it involve giving certain customers a Reply
> Attribute of Called-Station-Id = "800YOUWISH" (is that allowed?)? And if
> so, how do I block everyone else from using this 800 number?
>
> I'm a bit new to Radius as well as Radiator, so pardon me if there is
> something basic here that I'm missing.

Well if you are using an SQL database, you would write an AuthSelect to return
the field that contains the Called-Station-Id for that user, and use it as a
check item. Something like this:

<AuthBy SQL>
        DBSource ....
        DBUsername ....
        DBAuth ....
        AuthSelect select PASSWORD, CALLEDSTATIONID \
                from USERS where USERNAME="%n"
        AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
        AuthColumnDef 1, Called-Station-Id, check
        AccountingTable ....
        AcctColumnDef ....

Have a look at section 6.24 in the Radiator 2.15 reference manual.

hth