On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Ingvar Berg (ERA) wrote:

> I assume that 24 is for a T1 line, so with E1 lines it would be 30?
> /Ingvar

Good question!  Turn on debugging and looking for something like
"USR-Interface-Index" in the accounting trace.  That's what the
$portidx should end up being. So just take the nas-port from the same
trace, run it through the math (below), and see if the computed index
matches that Interface-Index number in the trace.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

$nasport = xxx ;
$chan = $nasport % 24;
$slot = (($nasport - $chan) / 24)+1;
$interf = (256*$slot) + $chan + 1000;
print "interf-idx: $interf\n";

Then let Mike know, and he'll replace that 24 with a $density variable.

-a

Aaron Nabil