From: "Brandon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 5:10 PM
Subject: (RADIATOR) Bad Password

I recently attempted to upgrade from version 2.13 to 2.15 but when I did so
all of a sudden all users are being denied access.  In the logfile with a
trace set to 4 I get the following:

Radius::AuthUNIX REJECT: Bad Encrypted password

I know the encrypted password is correct, because on my secondary server it
has a duplicate of this file and it works just fine.  Through some hacking
of the util.pm and authgeneric.pm file I added the following lines to the
file

&main::log($main::LOG_WARNING, "password variable");

to attempt to find out why the encrypted password was giving an incorrect
result.
It appears that the util.pm file is giving a response of

Wed Mar 29 01:49:34 2000: WARNING:
$1$$1$$oHccQDVZhB/NxZSd7dTxA.$4q9edq2DPjkjehGxsSI8G

and trying to compare this password below with it in the authengeneric.pm
file.

Wed Mar 29 01:49:34 2000: WARNING: $1$$oHccQDVZhB/NxZSd7dTxA.

Of course the two don't match...    I am wondering if anyone has any clue as
to why this is occuring.   I tried both Radiator 2.14.1 and Radiator 2.15
and on both got a BAD ENCRYPTED PASSWORD error in the logfile for a password
that I know is 100% correct.

One thing that may be the cause of the problem (unsure) is that when I did a
"make test" it came up with the following results however because I don't
know what the tests are... I am unsure as to why they are stating "not ok".

not ok 2r
not ok 2t
not ok 2v

Please let me know of any suggestions that you have.   I have
already tried reinstalling perl and MD5 and it did not help.

Brandon